Eric Snyder on 30 Dec 2005 17:43:21 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] Re: Is anyone using Object Prevalence with Rails?

I personally don't have any experience using Object Prevalence, however I've read several posts similar to these <http://forum.textdrive.com/viewtopic.php?id=4236> discussing the use of Madeline with Instiki. Not having any experience with Instiki or Madeline I can only speculate on the cause of the instability, it may be an inappropriate use of Object Prevalence and not a problem with the Madeline implementation itself.

I did find it interesting that Madeline does not currently have the ability to roll back commands and that commands are responsible for ensuring that changes will be successful prior those changes being made. Without the ability to rollback, I assume that commands are responsible for dealing with exceptions and must themselves be able to guarantee that execution cannot put the system in a bad state.

BTW: Excellent presentation at the last meeting.