Erin Mulder on 30 Jun 2006 13:21:29 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] July 6th Meeting - Bring A Laptop If Possible

Cassius Rosenthal wrote:
> 'Laptop' is really vague.  Should we also have a Rails stack running
> locally?  Do we need wireless access?  Are there ethernet ports in the
> conference room for those of us who don't jive with wireless?  I noticed
> last time that most people attending seem to have Macs.  Is Linux
> excluded?  (I'm not ashamed -- I have XGL running so I can still snicker
> at the Windows people with their silly 2D GUIs.)

Still waiting for more details.  I imagine that having a fairly
up-to-date Rails stack running will be helpful, though we can probably
make CDs available for those who are starting from scratch and help them
get everything installed during the food/social break.

This should be a fun experiment (with a great session leader) that will
let us know how feasible it is to try hands-on stuff in the future.

Cheers,
Erin