Erin Mulder on 4 Aug 2006 16:31:41 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] august meeting?

Flinn Mueller wrote:
> Is there going to be an august meeting?

Yep.  We're still working out the details, but save the date for:

Tuesday, August 29, 2006
7:00pm - Rails Migrations
7:45pm - Break, Food, Giveaways
8:15pm - Advanced CSS and Standards-Based Web Design

Migrations is a very popular Rails feature that allows you to define
your database schema in Ruby and manage upgrades and downgrades
painlessly.  For more info, check out:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/UnderstandingMigrations

In the CSS talk, we're going to spend about 5 minutes reviewing the
basics and then cover topics like pseudo-selectors, fluid layouts,
tableless design, managing hidden components and major differences in
browser support.  (Basically, all the CSS you need to know to design
knock-out, ajaxified, Rails apps.)

Cheers,
Erin