Brian Donahue on 23 Aug 2006 17:21:55 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Meeting Next Tuesday, August 29!

Out of curiosity, who are the presenters?

On 8/23/06, Erin Mulder <meara@alumni.princeton.edu > wrote:
Many thanks to David Black for joining us last month, to Chariot
Solutions for sponsoring and to everyone else who helped plan the event!

We've put together a great lineup for next Tuesday, August 29th.  Same
place, same time.

Try to get there by 7pm, because we're going to start with an intro to
Rails Migrations based on real world experience (with lots of tips from
the trenches).  Afterwards, we'll switch gears and look at advanced CSS
techniques (positioning, elastic layout, pseudo elements, tools, etc.)
that let any web developer design clean, maintainable, AJAX-ready sites.

When: Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Where: Fort Washington Holiday Inn (http://fwholiday.com)

What:
    6:30pm - Doors open, feel free to arrive early and chat
    7:00pm - Rails Migrations
    7:45pm - Break for food, conversation, giveaways
    8:15pm - Advanced CSS Techniques

Sponsor:
    Chariot Solutions

    Fort Washington-based consulting and software development
    firm offering high quality services around Ruby, Java and
    open source.

    Find out more at http://www.chariotsolutions.com/ or email
    twr@chariotsolutions.com

This meeting announcement is also online at:
http://www.phillyonrails.org

As always, please RSVP as soon as you can so that I can make sure we
have the right amount of space, food, etc.  It will also get your name
in the hat for book giveaways and other prizes.

See you Tuesday!

Cheers,
Erin

PS. I'm looking for a sponsor and at least one more speaker for
September.  Please email me if you have ideas or would like to volunteer!