Eric Snyder on 6 Dec 2006 13:39:18 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] PeepCode

Geoffrey Grossenbach (topfunky.com) has an offer for user groups for his PeepCode screencasts. He will give one for free to any group to be used in a meeting,  provide one to give away and throw in a PeepCode t-shirt. Does this sound like a good idea for a meeting? Ordinarily the screencasts are $9. I purchased the REST screencast and found it to be quite good. They are about an hour and twenty minutes long and are all hands on and practical. Live in person talks are great but maybe something like this every once in a while would be a nice change? I think that we could have some good discussion after viewing a screencast. So far there are screencasts for the following: TDD, RESTful Rails, TextMate Basics for Rails and RJS Templates.

I know it's been a little while but Erin is arranging speakers for the next meeting. Details are forthcoming.

Don't forget about the job board (http://phillyonrails.org/community/JobBoard).

-Eric