Evan Weaver on 15 Jan 2007 15:31:46 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Memory leaks in my site

You can always use Monit to enforce hard limits on your application
processes and reboot them if they act up. Or so I am told, since I've
never had trouble with mongrels growing out of control. Do you have
enough swap space?

Evan

On 1/14/07, Mike Zornek <mikezornek@mikezornek.com> wrote:
On 1/14/07 10:21 PM, "Mat Schaffer" <schapht@gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't seen the problem myself, but it brings to mind some
> discussion I vaguely remember from the ruby talk mailing list.  I
> found these threads, but nothing really conclusive:
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/tlykd (google groups search)

Thanks. Some of those message do look helpful. I'll be sure to read them
over. One post I found while googling and enjoyed was this:

http://www.crowdedweb.com/articles/2006/03/22/ruby-on-rails-and-application-
memory-consumption-patterns

> First I'd try to make sure you're running the latest mongrel release,

I am, and am up to date on all my gems.

> then if you still have the problem consider emailing Zed Shaw, either
> directly or via the ruby talk mailing list.  He's pretty responsive
> and already helped me with an interesting problem regarding curl/
> mongrel interactions.

As of right now I plan to run some of the built in mongrel tools to find
leaks and if I can solve it on my own email my thoughts/numbers to Zed. I'd
pref not to bother him unless I've done all I can do.

Thanks!

~ Mike
--
Work: http://ClickableBliss.com