Andrew Libby on 16 Jan 2007 21:38:26 -0000

[PhillyOnRails] mongrel instance management

Hey Folks,

I'm new 'round here and am in need of a solution for managing
multiple instances of mongrel on a single machine.  We've got
a bunch of sites running mongrel, and I don't really think a
start/ stop script in /etc/rc3.d, etc is the right way to
manage this.  Anyone gotten into this before?  If so what have
you done?

I'm leaning towards a registry of instances backed by MySQL that
will start and stop all of the instances at system boot and shutdown.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

--
Andrew Libby