Brian McCallister on 17 Jan 2007 16:28:24 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Ruby in a JVM

On Jan 17, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Darian Anthony Patrick wrote:

At the second to last Pub Nite, someone mentioned a JVM-based Ruby
implementation.  Was that jRuby that you were speaking of, or is there
something else, more Sun-centric?

I wasn't there, but I would guess it is JRuby, at this point Sun employs two of the three core folks working on it. There are a couple Ruby-from-Java libraries out there which are JNI based, but to my knowledge none of them are particularly reliable or powerful.

-Bran