Mark Chadwick on 29 Jan 2007 22:50:27 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Radiant CMS

Johnathan,

I run a suite of tools with Radiant as a base.  I think the key is to use plugins (real Rails plugins, not Radiant plugins).  I have it set up where a client comes to me asking for something like a main CMS Site, a Store, and a Photo Gallery.  I've written separate Store and Photo Gallery plugins, so I just edit my svn:externals, and migrate.  It works really well, and keeps your code very separate.  Most of the binding to Radiant is done through behaviors.

It does, however, tie your code pretty tightly to Radiant.  If that's where you're headed though -- no reason not too.

-Mark