Darian Anthony Patrick on 23 Feb 2007 21:07:50 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] OWASP Philly, March 6th, 6:30 p.m. @ Drexel, Matheson Hall, Room 109

Please join the list
(http://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-philadelphia) and RSVP if
you plan on attending.

Thanks!

Darian Anthony Patrick wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just wanted to ping the list and let everyone know about an exciting
> meeting happening soon.

> Open Web Application Security Project, Philadelphia Chapter
> Next meeting: March 6th, 2007 at 6:30 PM
>
> Location: Drexel University
> Matheson Hall, Room 109
> 3220 Market Street
> Philadelphia, PA 19104
>
> Jeremiah Grossman will present on the topic "Top 10 Hacks of 2006 and
> What They Bode for 2007."
>
> Mr. Grossman is a world-renowned expert in Web security and a founding
> member of the Web Application Security Consortium. He is a frequent
> speaker at industry events including RSA, the BlackHat Briefings, CSI
> NetSec, ISACA's Network Security Conference, NASA, ISSA and Defcon.
> Check out his blog if you're not already subscribed to the feed:
> http://jeremiahgrossman.blogspot.com/
>
> A bit more information on the meeting and the organization is available
> at http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Philadelphia, along with information
> on subscribing to the group's mailing list for discussion and announcements.
>
> We welcome future presentations on topics pertaining to web application
> security.  Rails-specific topics would be awesome as it's currently one
> of the hottest frameworks around, with new applications popping up
> frequently.
>
> We hope to have all sorts of nifty and pertinent talks in the future.
> Get involved!
>
> (I've also been considering the idea of having clinics, where we can
> review and discuss each other's application development/deployment
> stacks, with a domain expert leading discussion...)
> Chariot Solutions is graciously sponsoring food, and helped with
> arranging hosting at Drexel University.
>
> Thanks everyone,
>
> Darian
>
> p.s. I'm going to Philly Emerging Tech.  Maybe I'll see some of you all
> there.  http://www.phillyemergingtech.com/

- --
Darian Anthony Patrick
Principal, Application Development