John-Scott Atlakson on 23 May 2007 20:03:26 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] apartments in the city?

'Nicest' is pretty subjective, but you certainly picked out the most expensive spots in Center City ;)
I'm squeeking by on non-profit wages so I don't have clue how to get into one of those apartments.
I've lived in a couple of different spots in West Philly/University City, just west of Penn's campus and enjoyed the quiet tree-lined streets. It wasn't too hard to find affordable apartments (on my then full-time student budget) and I liked the people which are mostly in their 20's - 30's, made up of families, artists and musicians. And it's a super quick trolley or bike ride to Center City. For the moment, I'm stuck on filthy Snyder Ave in South Philly while I finish up a sublet but if I decide to stay in Philly, I'll probably move back to West Philly. But that's just my idea of 'nice'.

Good luck,
John-Scott