Michael Noga on 1 Jun 2007 18:27:25 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Linux Subversion Client

I second RapidSVN, it's a good cross platform SVN GUI. works well on all three major OS's.

Subclipse in Aptana is great but Eclipse is a lot to run just to use SVN.

And tortoise is great but only for Windows and smaller projects, I have had big issues with it when dealing with large repositories (a few thousand files).

There are a few good ones on OS X but you said he does not use it so I won't go there.

Also, I would recommend you give him a short list of some basic command line SVN commands, it will come in handy.

Michael D. Noga
908.413.0114
http://www.RealDimensions.com
Real Solutions for All Dimension