[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PhillyOnRails] Which Linux distro?
- From: Mat Schaffer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Which Linux distro?
- Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:30:52 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:content-type:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:from:subject:date:to:x-mailer; b=HeGju9B7iIVEZ0ogzj7qD53UtM0QO9ZBOe4WvGKv9cRU8QwvCTZSkTMVFWR7IoHObCjCDhBeE4Hd0EqJA5WypiJBLLglAL5Vh+zVavW4nlA+Bt5rUtluyRjxcni9PwTX5GF8K+Z1S0dE9vKca/MU045H+Fxdr1qK0fqsUmYxlNA=
- List-archive: <http://lists.phillyonrails.org/pipermail/talk>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
On Aug 19, 2007, at 9:51 PM, Nick Romanowski wrote:
i'm looking to grit my teeth into the world of Linux at the same
time i'm learning Rails... i've been developing apps using
Locomotive on my Mac to learn Rails and now i'm looking to get a
"slice" on SliceHost to work on deployment and such.
What is the best distro of Linux to use for Rails (and non-Rails)
hosting? Any opinions are appreciated.
For a VPS I really love gentoo. I find it's got a really rich CLI
compared to other distros and makes good use of ANSI color to make
important information obvious. Also the "start from scratch"
approach seems like it keeps disk usage down. Haven't done any
serious comparisons on that front though, and it's certainly not for
To unsubscribe or change your settings, visit: