Toby DiPasquale on 20 Aug 2007 19:36:35 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] PubNite reminder

On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 03:18:28PM -0400, Mat Schaffer wrote:
> On Aug 20, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Toby DiPasquale wrote:
> >On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 03:09:46PM -0400, Randy Schmidt wrote:
> >>I think I'll be there. I was going to go to Toby's talk on Erlang at
> >>PLUG tonight but since he is giving it at the next Philly on Rails, I
> >>think I'll come to the Pubnite.
> >
> >Yeah, uh, I probably won't be there...
>
> C'mon man, I thought Erlang was all about concurrency :-P

Alas, I am save but one spawned process amongst billions... were I to have
Haskell's STM, I could share your mind to spew my anti-database rhetoric
in tandem with my Erlang preso, but it were not to be so. Of course, both
would have unexplained pauses where I stopped talking to one group whilst
the STM resolved some versioned update failure... (you know how that
optimistic concurrency goes) ;-)

--
Toby DiPasquale