Evan Weaver on 15 Oct 2007 06:26:49 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] Object Prevalence?

  • From: "Evan Weaver" <evan@cloudbur.st>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Object Prevalence?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 02:26:42 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=rrRnTF6QnRQBOgoIzYqq3uB0bqDiq4ZV1tZ1JYddLOs=; b=cWFseI4teas3s5Bnk/B2aAMGavkn7F7CDKJg0plJgD+6xthV6i1/Cum/4ll+Xm+o5G+OiYDuitmJTPCV3GqtFWW7xPe25eWyFzIyFQmhSKlCb7mcJzvnTpdJOLdV8ZXDFb1vTHt+jyac717DaEZ5NRWAxg90/dnQ8kAgMXZ3Dgs=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

Yes, theoretically. The project got delayed; hopefully it will start
again at the beginning of November. It's a computationally intensive
analytics app.

We are using Rails and S3 serializations via memcached. We evaluated
Merb too, and it has some nice points (especially the ability to
schedule maintenance behavior to run after the response is returned to
the client), but not quite enough to justify leaving the relatively
well-supported land of Rails.

There are some decent local S3 and SQS simulators for integration
testing against Amazon services.

Pretty sure no one has ever done anything with Madeleine. People
either do SQL layers (ActiveRecord, Sequel, Datamapper, Og) or RESTful
service consumers.

Evan

On 10/13/07, Toby DiPasquale <toby@cbcg.net> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Is anyone out there rocking out Rails or Merb with an Object Prevalence
> solution, e.g. Madeleine? I don't see much out there about it despite it
> being part of the genesis of Rails itself (specifically, the reason DHH
> did ActiveRecord). Anyone know if they hook together or anything?
>
> --
> Toby DiPasquale

Evan Weaver
Cloudburst, LLC