Mort Goldman on 6 Nov 2007 21:29:16 -0000

RE: [PhillyOnRails] was Twitter folks, now Daylight Saving Time

Totally unrelated to Philly on Rails or to Twitter, I recently found out that the official name of DST is Daylight Saving Time.  As un-mellifluous as it sounds, saving is used in this phrase as a verbal adjective.  All better explained at:  http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003698.html.

From: Angel Pizarro [mailto:angel@mail.med.upenn.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 2:48 PM
To: talk@phillyonrails.org
Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] Twitter folks

last update: Making Daylight Saving's Time Resolution to use twitter
http://twitter.com/delagoya
-angel

On 11/6/07, Justin W. Reagor <justinwr@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks all, mine is http://twitter.com/cheaproc

:: Justin Reagor

On Nov 6, 2007, at 2:06 PM, Steve Eichert wrote:

http://twitter.com/steveeichert/

On Nov 6, 2007 10:27 AM, Justin W. Reagor <justinwr@gmail.com > wrote:

I'd imagine that would be the correct Twitter terminology, yes.

:: Justin Reagor

On Nov 6, 2007, at 10:24 AM, Toby DiPasquale wrote:

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 10:06:10AM -0500, Justin W. Reagor wrote:

Am I missing anyone else on Twitter besides me and Randy?

What do you mean? "Missing", as in "not following them"?

--

Toby DiPasquale

Angel Pizarro
Director, Bioinformatics Facility
Institute for Translational Medicine and Therapeutics
University of Pennsylvania
806 BRB II/III
421 Curie Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6160