Justin W. Reagor on 13 Nov 2007 01:28:48 -0000

Re: [PhillyOnRails] projects; facebook

  • From: "Justin W. Reagor" <justinwr@gmail.com>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] projects; facebook
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:28:21 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:content-type:message-id:from:subject:date:to:x-mailer; bh=jneaqmXny0MO1lqd2gubcpFZZUzqBcsvg+3ChTg4GRo=; b=f9zKFwXB64x0JcAlUoGdR7YIjVQhpxwmjG+Fl+jPDkUblfawm4ZS2sBVoB68e5uOosdycip3gcbiJPnbAxZlOtyJCmBgIKpJ3zOH8NwQP5Z2t1uXV58GMe6cl4MgNM6RCz5a7czMQl2aX9dY9O0cSs/2ZjvUqXEbuEIAXwGyj6I=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

Some of the interface developments are definitely something to take notice of. As well as smaller functionalities like Google account integration, amongst others...

I like the development of applications on Facebook for the fact that the data can be used in more interesting ways. But, I don't like to see developers being locked into one web site platform to another. If Google can pull off these new open standards for mobile and social, that could be a much more interesting trend (if they become adopted in a usefu sense).

Then again, who really knows if those will be fruitful... as long as more and more people start considering the data the masses are putting into these popular web services, and recognize more integration amongst sites (dear God where's the semweb).

:: Justin Reagor