Brian Donahue on 4 Feb 2008 09:31:24 -0800

[PhillyOnRails] Mongrel/Ubuntu Newb Question

Hello,

Sorry to post a newb question, but I think I've exceeded my limited linux/rails knowledge on this one (it didn't take long).  I am pretty sure I have everything I needed installed to set up rails and mongrel on a fresh ubuntu box following several online how-tos, etc.  Everything went mostly as expected, but starting the mongrel cluster, I get the following:

> mongrel_rails cluster::start

!!! Path to pid file not valid: tmp/pids/mongrel.8000.pid

I tried creating the directory and files, but no dice.  I have googled that error and haven't found anything that seemed relevant.  Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

The immediate reason for this experimentation is to set up Redmine (redmine.org) - has anyone used this and liked/disliked?  Looking for a nice, simple (but not Lighthouse simple - I've been using it and it has proved to simple for this project's needs) issue tracking solution for a project in maintenance mode.

Thanks!

Brian