Evan Weaver on 6 Mar 2008 06:49:52 -0800

Re: [PhillyOnRails] eweaver has invited you to Spokeo

  • From: "Evan Weaver" <eweaver@gmail.com>
  • To: talk@phillyonrails.org
  • Subject: Re: [PhillyOnRails] eweaver has invited you to Spokeo
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:49:36 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=LPIvLZ9KxjkBsyoYsHdsQbbwWk3U4s0rfNai4zqWPgo=; b=KGQfKleK6iYcV4XpdZjD+Q0wxHzAKpw8uLR8BBZM42xhobkmKz7WtG1FEVIL6ZBEeUcrdN7ENqyQ4xL3fpwQIL/2kVP4LWShD+K+RCisLaID+ALTbTPET14rTMEjvHsg06FKvpCdRAJoVgDi99FF4fOuedxpptRDiidTIYq/Zso=
  • Sender: talk-bounces@phillyonrails.org

That's the same thing that happened to me. I also originally saw an
"invite" from someone on an unrelated mailing list, and now this.

http://blog.evanweaver.com/articles/2008/03/06/spokeo-spam/

Sorry.

Evan

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 8:23 AM, James Guistwite <jguistwite@gmail.com> wrote:
> I signed up and it just spammed all of my friends with an invitation.
> Unless you want it to do the same, don't press "Connect My Friends" - I
> think that was the name of the button.  I thought it was going to allow me
> to correlate different email addresses for different contacts...  Instead,
> Spokeo was trying to connect with my friends!
>

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 1:23 AM, <eweaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi Philly,
> >
> > eweaver@gmail.com has invited you to Spokeo,
> > which finds your friends' updates across the Web.
> >
> > On average, Spokeo finds 87 friends across 30 different social
> > networks. See what Spokeo can find for you now!
> >
> > Click here to accept your invitation

Evan Weaver
Cloudburst, LLC