Ryan Miller on 20 Jun 2008 11:56:34 -0700

Re: [PhillyOnRails] ActiveMailer issue sending email with both attachment AND body content

No dice.
Andrew Libby wrote:
Try setting your content_type  to  "multipart/alternative"

Andy

Ryan Miller wrote:
Sure, thanks for your reply.  You'll see in my model the two ways I've
tried attaching the file.  Both work, but both also remove my content
(view).

=========== controller ==============
class InfoController < ApplicationController
  protect_from_forgery :only => [:create, :delete, :update]
    def index
      Info.deliver_test_email(params, request.env)

      redirect_to request.env["HTTP_REFERER"]
  end
end
=========== end controller ===============

=========== model ===================
class Info < ActionMailer::Base

  def test_email(params, request)
    sent_on     Time.new
    subject     'Information request from website'
    recipients  params[:txtEmail]
from 'miller2300@comcast.net' content_type 'text/html'

    attachment :content_type => "image/jpeg",
       :body => File.read("/tmp/CGI.5798.6")
           body(:sent_on => sent_on,:first_name =>
params[:txtFirstName], :last_name => params[:txtLastName], :address =>
params[:txtEmail])
        #attachment "image/jpeg" do |a|
    #    a.filename="boris.jpg"
    #    a.body = File.read("/tmp/CGI.5654.4")
    #end
end
end
<h3>Web form request at <%= @sent_on %></h3>