Nick Romanowski on 24 Jun 2008 19:21:09 -0700

[PhillyOnRails] Rails / PHP / Capistrano

I'm a newb when it comes to Rails and Capistrano, and i'm building my first "real" app...

I am going to have a forum and a blog integrated in my Rails app and I have a lot of experience with WordPress and phpbb, so naturally i was going to use those platforms.

So i'm going to ping the list for some information:
1.  Is it hard to integrate the PHP code and simply use a subdomain for each app?  (i.e. blog.domain.com, forum.domain.com)
2.  Hopefully #1 is not dead simple and i'll feel better about myself...  Why can't i figure out how to make it work with my capistrano deployment?
3.  Would you suggest any better Rails-based alternatives to these options? (i.e. beast, altered beast, etc.)

Thanks a lot,
Nick