Adam Turoff on Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:42:03 -0500 (EST)

Re: Inline Evals

> The second part of my talk, about RE's that take forever to terminate
> still holds, and could still be a problem on some systems.

...at least until we have CPUs that are 1000x faster than Pentium (P5)
CPUs.  At that point, malformed regexen that previously took ~1.5 quadrillion
years will finish in ~1.5 trillion years.  (1.5 billion years if you
use a 1024-processor clustered architecture.)

I think that should be enough justification to rewrite those regexen.  :-)

Z.