rGeoffrey on Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:29:13 -0500 (EST)

Reminder and Update: An upcoming event that is not on a Monday

My new DVD player arrived (the kind for a TV not in a computer) and to celebrate this event my puppy Garibaldi and I would like to invite you out into the world that actually does exist outside of the City of Philadelphia.

The main attraction is the Matrix, with other yet to be determined films before and after if anyone is there.

And as an added bonus, and a bribe to get some or all of you to help get my Linux box to talk to my other computer and be a firewall to talk to the rest of the world, dinner will feature spaghetti.

The directions include a link to the SEPTA train schedule. When you RSVP in the positive to mailto:garibaldi@platypiventures.com please include a comment about your likely travel plans (do you have a car, need a ride, or need to be picked up at the Chester station). The last train leaves Chester before 10pm, so you carless city dwellers will get a ride back home.

Day : Saturday February 19, 19100
Time: Main attraction about 8:30pm (but come early to eat dinner before the movie)
Where: My place on the edge of the City of Chester
Directions: http://www.platypiventures.com/baldi/

PPS. If you can't or won't eat spaghetti sauce that includes beef, let me know.

A reminder that the big event is tomorrow. Note that it is not on Monday (thought phl.pm.org would have you belive otherwise).

I now have a copy of the Matrix and a few other surprises. Dinner will be ready about 6, but it is not a big deal to cook more noodles if you get there late.

So far I know of two (or three) people driving and two people need help. If you are coming and have not told me, please let me know so I don't make more food than I have to.

For those of you without cars I suggest taking the R2 to the Chester station and then getting a ride home afterwards. If you call me from the train or just before you get on, I will be there when you arrive in Chester.

Market East - 5:20, Suburban Station 5:25, 30th Street 5:29 ---- Chester 5:55

As for my Linux Box, it currently has SuSE 6.1, but it is not a problem to completely blow it away. So if someone has a better/newer/easier distribution on CD, I am willing to change.