Schuyler D. Erle on Sun, 5 Mar 2000 17:38:54 -0500 (EST)

Re: YAPAS (Yet Another Python Advocacy Story)

Adam Turoff wrote:

> Paul's editorial may be poorly stated from the Perl point of view
> (and will probably force a refutation piece this week)...

What can we do to ensure that this happens? At his first highly bigoted mention of Perl, I very nearly didn't read the rest of the article, then decided I couldn't afford to be closed-minded on the subject, even if he was dissing my favorite language. (The One True Language, if you ask me, but never mind that. I can listen attentively to reasoned argument.)

Nevertheless, the Perl community shouldn't let this blatant attack go unanswered. I'm not advocating the kinds of dirty tricks Prescod resorted to, but some kind of response at least to his ill-considered assessments of Perl, with honest admissions where appropriate, and some kind of rejoinder pointing out how Python ain't exactly the One True Language either...

SDE