ziggy on Wed, 29 Mar 2000 17:47:09 -0500 (EST)

Re: [OT] restaurant open on Sunday?

> Another off-topic question, sorry.

Actually, not really.  Next monday is the 1st monday in April, and
I've forgotten who was left holding the chopsticks.

> Can anyone here suggest a good place to eat out (lunch) on Sunday?
>
> Not a whole bunch of places that I can see....

Depends on the atmosphere you want, the amount you want to spend, etc.

Off the top of my head:
	Plough & the Stars (!!!)
	Monk's
	The Irish Bards
	Striped Bass
	Circa
	White Dog Cafe
	Joseph Poon's
	Ray's Cafe
	(Square Bar | Opus 251 | Rouge | that-other-place-on-18th )
	(about half or more of the restaurants in Olde City)

I'm a big fan of the Sunday at the Plough.  Open fireplace, random
sampling of Irish musicians playing most of the afternoon, good food,
good beer (but no Yards).  I think brunch is over around 3, and
dinner picks up around 5/5:30.

Monk's has a fun Belgian brunch menu.  Lots of good beers to go along
with it.  Regular menu available as well.

Poon might have a dim sum or something.  Ray's is always great.

Most places stop serving Sunday Brunch by about 2pm.

> I guess most restaurateurs are churchgoers.

Not the restauranteurs I know.  :-)

Z.