mjd-perl-pm on Sat, 1 Apr 2000 19:18:43 -0500 (EST)

Touch Typing 3.0

           Microsoft Announces Release of Touch Typing 3.0.

REDWOOD CITY Calif, April 1, 2000 (AP) -- Microsoft Corp. today
announced the immediate availability of Touch Typing 3.0 for Windows
2000, bringing full support for touch-typing to the Windows desktop.
Touch Typing 3.0 for Windows 2000 is designed to be the best
touch-typing software available that is fast, reliable, and simple to
use.  It won Best of Show at E-Business I-Expo World Las Vegas 2000.
Touch Typing 3.0 for Windows 2000 will retail for $129.95.

Touch Typing 3.0 for Windows 2000 brings the power of touch-typing to
homes and offices worldwide.  Touch-typing, long recognized as the
best method for entering data via a keyboard device, was invented by
Microsoft's research division in 1996.  With Touch Typing 3.0 for
Windows 2000, Internet users will be able to compose documents and
send email messages faster than ever before.  All standard hardware
will be supported.

Customer response was immediately enthusiastic.  ``We will be
purchasing six hundred copies of Touch Typing for Windows 2000
immediately,'' said Montgomery Noino, CTO of Intellisys NetSmarts Inc.,
a Michigan E-commerce research firm.  ``The business advantages of
touch-typing are too great to ignore.  We will also be upgrading our
remaining Windows 98 systems, because operating system support for
touch-typing is critical to our company's mission.''

Industry analysts predicted that the new release would deal a serious
blow to `alternative' operating systems such as Linux.  ``Free
software simply cannot respond to the needs of business in a timely or
effective way.'', said Hugh Beaumart, an analyst with The Millenium
Group.  ``What serious business enterprise can afford to use an
operating system with no support for touch-typing?''

Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in
software for personal and business computing. The company offers a
wide range of products and services designed to empower people through
great software - any time, any place and on any device.

Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional
information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web site at
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/ on Microsoft's corporate
information pages.

.