Nicolai Rosen on Mon, 8 May 2000 23:32:05 -0400 (EDT)

Re: MagicPoint

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 11:18:53PM -0400, Nicolai Rosen wrote:
> > MagicPoint is an X11 based presentation tool.  It is designed to make
> > simple presentations easy while to make complicated presentations
> > possible.
> >
> > Hmm, how hauntingly familiar :)
>
> If you're looking for an easy-to-use presentation package, there's
> always WimpyPoint, available at http://wimpy.arsdigita.com.
>
> I haven't actually used WimpyPoint, but hey, if it's from ArsDigita it's
> gotta be great, right?  :-)
>
> Walt

I'm not, just going through, configuring my new debian system. Don't you
need Oracle in order to use Wimpy Point? That & it's all web based, which
isn't good for impressing stupid people (think shiny objects).

Nicolai Rosen
nick@netaxs.com
Earthstation/Netaxs
http://laktar.dyndns.org/