Kyle Burton on Tue, 16 May 2000 11:10:55 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Chaos] OO Perl Exceptions (fwd)

> > No comment on the exception handling, but I thought I'd chime in with
> > a project that you might find interesting. You mentioned
> > HTML::Embperl, but have you tried HTML::Mason?  I've been using it for
> > quite a while now, and it works great....  http://www.masonhq.com

I understand the embedded HTML part, which I am guessing is just like
HTML::Embperl, what are the added features/benefits over HTML::Embperl?

The software I've been working on combines templates with back end
objects -- like in traditional application servers (NAS/OAS/etc.).
This allows logic about how to obtain or process the data to be
displayed (business logic) to be abstraced into objects, which are then
made avilable to (used by) the embedded perl code in the templates -- which
are only responsible for the display of the information (as HTML).