ziggy on Thu, 25 May 2000 19:30:03 -0400 (EDT)

yapc caravan (was: [Boston.pm] yapc trip)

Walt wrote:
> On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 08:58:35AM -0500, Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:
> > Chris Nandor [pudge@pobox.com] quoth:
> > *>What is the best route to take to go to yapc from Boston?  MapBlast
> > *>suggests goin an extra hundred miles to go up through Syracuse and Erie,

*ERIE*?

> > *>I
> > *>suppose considering that traffic is much lighter up through there.
> >
> > Well..unless you want to spend an extra few hours in the traffic around
> > nyx/philly....
>
> I don't have a map in front of me, but I seem to recall some roads
> cutting diagonally through PA from Allentown or Scranton.  I'd try to
> avoid NYC as much as possible and aim for one of those roads.

Sounds right to me, but I've never owned a driver's license, so what do
I know.  If you're hitting Erie, then then you've avoided NYC by way
of Buffalo, and you just might wind up in Ohio before reaching PGH.  :-)

Given last year's caravan, I would say philly is worth avoiding if
coming from the north.  The entrance onto the turnpike is between
Philly and Trenton, and the next entrance is a congested highway away.

(Of course, who am I to disagree with Abner's, Pat's and Geno's for lunch?)

All that said, how about we meet somewhere sorta-central, like Harrisburg,
around 3pm on Tuesday?  That might be convenient for the Ballmore/DC folks
as well.

Z.

PS: I suppose we phillyfolk could loop down to South Philly and get
    a few boxes of pretzels for the caravan and the folks in Pittsburgh.
    But they're going to be pretty stale by evening (call me a purist).