Adam Turoff on Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:59:46 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Foundation

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 05:05:55PM -0400, David H. Adler wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 04:25:44PM -0400, Robert Spier wrote:
> >
> > NR> That's gotta be revealed early on anyway. He was in Prelude to
> > NR> Foundation (or whatever the first one was. I forget).
> >
> > He has been (in some fashion) in all the books, and many before.
>
> Uh, it's been a while since I've read the books, but... he's not in
> the original Foundation Trilogy, surely?

The esteemed robot mentioned above first surfaced in the Robot novels,
but was missing in the Galactic Empire novels which preceeded them.
(I think they were all human characters in that series.)

Daneel reappears in episodes 5 and 0 (I believe), in that order.  I don't
think he was in the fourth book of the trilogy.  I kinda gave up after
the pair of robot novels was a trilogy, and the foundation trilogy
was 5 (sequential) books.  Thankfully, the Galactic Empire trilogy
is still a trilogy.  :-)

Now for the next question: what's Trantor going to look like?

Z.