Adam Turoff on Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:53:33 -0400 (EDT)

Re: YAPC Quizo

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 02:09:01PM -0400, Nicolai Rosen wrote:

> It's easy, outlaw cell phones, computers, etc... & go by the honor
> system.

Everyone keeps citing the honor system, and that seems like the most
reasonable solution.

Scoring was pretty gnarly this year, and I'd like everyone to submit
their answers through a CGI script to speed grading and tabulation.
That means encouraging web browsers and laptops.

Robert mentioned using a private wavelan network with no gateway
to the outside world; if you're submitting answers, you're not
searching google or #perl.  That sorta allows any reference material
on the laptop; if the questions are far afield, that should even
the odds even with local references.  After all, what's the likelihood
that someone is going to have scifi FAQs, early Roman history,
linguistic comparisons and raw statistical data all at the same time?

> 30 lashes with a wet noodle for those found cheating.

You lucky dog.  You haven't met Bill yet.

Imagine a *CENSORED* with a *CENS

ATH

NO CARRIER