rGeoffrey on Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:27:07 -0400 (EDT)

Re: They Win!

At 00:37 07/25/2000, you wrote:
Cut to the chase: what did you win?  What were the questions like this
week?

For first place we got $50 to pay for dinner and let the second place team take the case of beer.

Among the 40 questions...

In 'scrabble' what is the value of the letter Z?
What is the name of the main family on the TV show 'Growing Pains'?
Who said, "If Abraham Lincoln were alive today, he would roll over in his grave."
What band traditionally plays another band's whole album at their annual Halloween concert?
This bourbon was originally called "cuffs and buttons". (we got it right, but all teams were given credit as it is not actually a bourbon in its modern form)

Lightning Round category "'B' in Geography"
These hills are on the border of South Dakota and Wyoming.
This straight separates Asian and European Turkey.
This peninsula is surrounded by the Ionian, Adriatic, Black, and Mediteranean Seas.
The capital of Queensland, Australia.
The Sultanate of Burnai is on this island.
This sea separates Alaska and Russia.