Mark Rogaski on Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:33:54 -0400 (EDT)

MentorNet

This is a program that I'll be participating in this year, so I'm not sure
how good it might be.  But, judging by the apparent dearth of women in the
Perl community, I think it would be a good thing to get some mongerish
representation.  Please forward this as you see fit.

Mark

----- Forwarded message from "Rogaski, Mark, ALNTK" <rogaski@att.com> -----

MentorNet Call for E-Mentors

Would you like to share your experiences with a student? Help her understand
what it is like to work in industry? Provide support as a woman student
pursues an engineering or science education? And be able to do so without
having to leave your own desk?

MentorNet is seeking engineering, scientific and technical professionals to
mentor women engineering and science students on-line!

MentorNet is a national program that pairs women community college,
undergraduate and graduate students with mentors in industry, and provides a
framework and training for them to pursue a year-long mentoring relationship
through email. Mentors in last year's program reported spending only an
average of 20 minutes a week while gaining personal satisfaction and skills
from guiding future colleagues. We need at least 2,200 mentors for the fall
of 2000 to be paired with students from over 55 colleges and universities!

To learn more and/or to sign up, visit the MentorNet web site at
http://www.mentornet.net and click on the "Mentors" link. Mentor
applications for the upcoming year's program are available on the web site
now through October 15; at other times you can add yourself to a
distribution list to be notified via email when applications open.

Sign up now!

Please pass this message on to any others that you think might be
interested.

MentorNet's sponsors include: AT&T, Intel, Ford, IBM, Cisco Systems, Alcoa
Foundation, U.S. Department of Education's FIPSE, U.S. Department of
Transportation, Hewlett Packard, IEEE, Microsoft, SPIE, Texaco, SAP Labs,
DuPont, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NASA Ames Research Center, OSA,
Texas Instruments - Digital Imaging Group, Educational & Productivity
Solutions, Engineering Information Foundation, National Science Foundation

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Mark Rogaski                  | "God is REAL ... unless previously
wendigo@pobox.com             |                  declared as an INTEGER."