John Kirk on Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:54:34 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Goodbye, Farewell, Amen

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 11:22:51AM -0400, mjd-perl-pm@plover.com wrote:
> > Is there any way we can petition the US to let Abigail stay?
> The problem is not getting permission to stay.  The problem is that
> Abigail is not allowed to work without a work visa for the particular
> job.  That means that to become employed, Abgiail needs to accept an
> offer, and then wait 6 months for the work visa to be issued, then
> start work.  He can't afford to do that again.

  Sounds to me like the kind of thing I've heard people solve by making
a compelling case to a Washington politition from one's local area, and
getting that clout to bypass red tape, especially in an election year.

  Which of us has the requisite connection to the forces of illogic, to
start such a process?