Walt Mankowski on Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:53:25 -0400 (EDT)

[jdegood@sarnoff.com: ACM/IEEE-CS Oct 19 Meeting]

This is also well-worth attending.  And yes, I'll be there, too.  (Busy
week!)

Walt

----- Forwarded message from John DeGood <jdegood@sarnoff.com> -----

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:45:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: John DeGood <jdegood@sarnoff.com>
To: waltman@netaxs.com
Subject: ACM/IEEE-CS Oct 19 Meeting

              ACM SIGGRAPH - PRINCETON CHAPTER
                            and
            PRINCETON MOVING IMAGE PROFESSIONALS
                            and
       PRINCETON ACM / IEEE COMPUTER SOCIETY CHAPTERS

                 OCTOBER 2000 JOINT MEETING

     Computer Graphics Film Show: SIGGRAPH Video Review
            Featuring "Bunny," the Oscar-winning
              Animation from Blue Sky Studios

                        Jeff Posdamer

For the twenty-first year in a row, we are kicking off our
season of meetings with the very popular computer graphics
film show.  This will also be the fifth year for our current
graphics speaker, Jeff Posdamer.  Jeff will be showing some
of the latest and greatest of the computer generated
animated films that were shown at recent ACM/SIGGRAPH
computer graphics conferences.

Jeff will show a variety of technologies: scientific
visualization graphics, commercial graphics used in
television and movies, and some examples of current computer
graphics research.  The films include everything from
state-of-the-art supercomputer technology to graphics
that can be done with today's personal computers.  Come
see why this is the best attended meeting we have all year.

You can preview the SIGGRAPH 2000 trailers online at
http://www.siggraph.org/s2000/conference/caf/trailers.html

This year we also are pleased to be presenting the 1998
Oscar Award-winning short film "Bunny."  As the first film
to use an advanced ambient lighting technology known as
radiosity, Bunny set new standards in cinematic storytelling
for the computer animation industry.  Written and directed
by Chris Wedge, a founding member of Blue Sky Studios, Bunny
has a warm, photorealistic style that belies the computer
technology that made it possible.

    Date: Thursday, October 19, 2000, 8:00 pm
Location: Auditorium, Sarnoff Corporation,
          201 Washington Road (Rt 571, 1/4 mile
          south of US 1), Princeton, NJ
Additional Information: recorded info (609) 924-8704,
          Dennis Mancl (908) 582-7086, or
          David Soll (215) 854-3461
  E-Mail: mailto:princetonacm@acm.org

A pre-meeting dinner with the speaker is held at 6 p.m. at
the Rusty Scupper on Alexander Road in Princeton.  If you
would like to attend, please RSVP with an e-mail to
mailto:princetonacm@acm.org or call the information number
to record your reservation on the answering machine.

Princeton ACM / IEEE Computer Society meeting are open to the
public.  Students and their parents are welcome.  There is no
admission charge, and refreshments are served.

----- End forwarded message -----