Adam Turoff on Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:02:45 -0400 (EDT)

Re: 110!

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 03:34:52PM -0400, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 04:15:48AM -0400, Adam Turoff wrote:
> |
> | Pity good beer is so hard to find north of the border.  I'd really
> | enjoy seeing a beer menu with Duvel, Victory and Yards again.  And
> | soft pretzels with mustard...
> |

> is duvel Good Beer?  last week, the poster at Monk's was
> trying hard to tempt me, but then i remembered my resolution
> regarding strange beers to whom i had not been formally
> introduced.  i'll be passing by the foodery tomorrow night
> so i need to know.

Duvel is the epitome of Good Beer, if you like something nice, light
and nicely alcoholic.  Not the kind of beer you want to be drinking
at a hockey game, but the perfect beer to drink at the end of a long,
tiring day, or with a good meal.  (Hint: don't start with the 3L size.)

There are only about 20 or 30 beers you need to be wary of at Monk's.
Like the Belgian sour beers, and the overly alcoholic ones (Delerium
Tremens, World Wide Stout, La Trappe Quaddrupel, etc.)  They're good
beers, but you need to be expecting them.

If you're going to the foodery, make sure to stock up on some of the
local beers, like Dogfish Head, Victory and Yards.  Trust me, you can't
get them once you're about 200 miles away from the Foodery.  :-)

Z.