Robert Spier on Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:56:33 -0500 (EST)

Tech Talks

At tonight's meeeting we brainstormed about topics for future tech
talks:

Perl for Win32 - Sean O'leary  (January)
PDL - John Kirk
Big CGI Things - Mark Dominus
Tk Thing - John Kirk
Gtk - Hunter Hutchinson

Perl Q&A
HTML Mason (and friends?)
XML
VIM + Editor Customization (Perlmacs!)
Python
OO Perl
Gimp (Script-Foo)
XS and Inline
4 15 minute talks
2 30 minute talks

As you can see, a few have peoples who are interested in giving them -
others don't.  Anyone can give a tech talk - it's a good way to get to
know something you have wanted to learn - the best way to learn
something is to teach it.

Anyone want to step forward for Feb 2001?

As a bonus - anyone who does a full length tech talk gets dinner on
phl.pm :)

I'm sure I've left something out of this email.. but can't figure out
what it is.

-R