rGeoffrey on Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:05:09 -0500 (EST)

Perl monger ski / LinuxWorld trip

As mentioned at dinner Monday, I am going to the Poconos the last week of January (Sat 1/27- Sat 2/3).

It is also the week of LinuxWorld at the Javits Center.
http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/

The place is in Scotrun PA just off I-80 and 4 miles from skiing.
http://www.rci.com/CDA/Resort_Directory/tmpResortSearch/1,2642,,00.html?i_resort_id=0403&i_search=5

You are invited to stay a few nights to ski or do the day trip to LinuxWorld.

I expect the most popular choices will be either:
Arrive Saturday,
        ski, watch the Superbowl,
        return Monday (days off from work 1)
Arrive Wednesday night,
        LinuxWorld one day and ski the other,
        return Saturday (days off from work 2)

It is still more than 6 weeks away, but as it will probably involve a vacation day, you might want to put it on the calendar now. The place is listed as having room for 6 (three beds plus a sofa) so I might have to make some choices if too many people want to go. And because I am too lazy to invent a good system, I will steal Dominus' system...

If I get too many requests for reservations, participants will
be selected by me based on some combination of:

* Promptness of response (ignoring responses that arrive before 9AM tomorrow)
* Random drawing
* Blatant favoritism