Walt Mankowski on Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:00:34 -0500 (EST)

Re: Penang?

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 08:21:09PM +0100, abigail@foad.org wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 10:47:35AM -0500, Simply Hao wrote:
> > For the January 22nd meeting, would you want to go to Penang?  Or
> > does anyone have another suggestion?
>

> No. Don't go there. Establishments where you have to threaten
> with the police to get in with a guide dogs don't deserve
> to exist.

Also, it was suggested last Monday's that since we went for the big
Peking Duck feast last month, we do something non-Asian this month.

We also have a conflict Monday night, with Steven Levy's Crypto
lecture at the same time as dinner.  Mark, since you posted the notice
about the talk, do you know how long these talks usually last?  Maybe
we could have a phl.pm outing to the lecture and them do a
later-than-normal dinner in the vicinity afterwards.

Walt