Adam Turoff on Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:28:21 -0500

Re: Quizo

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 03:20:22PM -0500, Simply Hao wrote:
> > Just too loud to be able to talk,
>
> Yes, I never noticed it during the daytime - I always have pleasant
> lunches there, but apparently they crank up the volume at night.

In the restaurant business, that's known as "please leave music".
Typically, they only start playing it when the staff is trying to
go home, or otherwise want to clear out the restaurant.

Other techinques are playing a decent Jazz CD at a nice volume all
night and replacing that nice mood with the Dead Kennedys, Madonna
or Metallica at a higher volume when the conspiracy theorist at
table 12 just won't leave.

Z.