Kurt Starsinic on Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:21:10 -0500

Re: Gtk/Perl question

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 01:49:34AM -0500, David Turner wrote:
> I'm trying to make a MP3 organizer.  This fragment aims to create a
> drop-down list of the genres, so that I can choose one for the track.
>
> Problem:
>
> There are 148 genres.  My screen only holds 43 of them.  I want the list
> to scroll or something so I can select Ska.  I tried to find another Gtk
> program that did the right thing, but the only Gtk program with an
> option menu I could expand sufficiently the Bump Map filter in GIMP -
> and it had the same problem.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I could make this work?

    Delete about 2/3 of your MP3's.  HTH.

P.S.  Or buy a bigger monitor (yes, I know, this is a kludge).

P.P.S.  Or, you could put `Ska' first in the list, instead of alphabetizing
(although this is the sort of thing that a Python programmer would do).

    Peace,
    Kurt
|      `I knew right away that my pants and your inner child could be       |
|       best friends.  Realize this, sweetheart, I'm squeezing my poodle.'  |
|        -- Michael G Schwern                                               |