David Steuber on Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:10:42 -0400

Re: Lurkers (fwd)

' From: Robert Munroe <RMunroe@lawmanager.com>
'
' B) Require that all subjects for off topic, non-Perl, non-meeting related,
' but socially relevant banter be prefaced with [OFF TOPIC] or something like
' it (so I can filter it out)?
'
' Am I doomed to once more unsubscribe?  Have I gotten the purpose of the list
' all wrong?   I hope not.  Any change would help.

Point.

On the other hand, the comp.lang.perl.misc newsgroup is too damn busy
to be of any use.  Also, this group has some social opportunities.  I
got my present job from this list.

I'm also really looking forward to the Perl tutorial this comming
Monday.  I heard about that on this list.

Mind you, it does suck to hear that so many people have more fun than
I do ;-).

--
David Steuber

Trees are not comfortable to sit in for long at any time; but in the
cold and the wind, with wolves all around below waiting for you, they
can be perfectly miserable places.
	       --- from "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien