Dave Turner on Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:25:39 -0400

Re: As mentioned at dinner, the mindset list

rGeoffrey wrote:

> http://www.beloit.edu/~pubaff/mindset/

2005:
>Recording TV programs on VCRs became legal the year they were born.

No, it became legal in 1789.  Or 1984, if you believe that everything not
explicitly allowed is forbidden.  Not 1983.

2002:
>They have no meaningful recollection of the Reagan era, and
>did not know he had ever been shot.

I did know that - and I also know that people clapped when it happened :)

>They are too young to remember the Space Shuttle
>Challenger blowing up.

I remember it clearly.  Unfortunately, my memories of it are almost certainly
wrong (http://www.u.arizona.edu/~jbarker/memory/11-8.htm)

> There have always been red M&M's, and blue ones are not
> new. What do you mean there used to be beige ones?

I voted for blue.  And I miss beige (which were phased out to give us blue).

> McDonalds never came in Styrofoam containers.

1991.

Oh, and it still does.  Coffee, at least.  Hm, wow, was the Liebek case reall
from 1992?!

</whine>

--
-[Dave Turner                                 Stalk me:  (215)-545-2859]