Adam Turoff on Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:40:23 -0500

Re: new member plans to come Monday

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 10:06:15AM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 09:43:38AM -0500, Adam Turoff wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 11:39:25AM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> > > Geez, you drop one little bomb on one little house, and people never
> > > forget it...
> >
> > s/little house/city block/;
>
> As I recall they only bombed the one house, then the fire spread to
> the rest of the block.

One house, one block.  There's a scaling factor of 64 hiding in
there somewhere.  :-)

(It's been a few years; I wonder how many of the businesses that donated
housing goods to those families are out of business.  Wanamaker's and
S&C are both gone from the local scene.)

> > Maybe we can get the Northern Alliance to support Wilson B. Goode as
> > President of Afganistan.  The part about being an ordained minister
> > shouldn't be a problem now that the Taliban isn't an issue anymore...
>
> s/Wilson B./W. Wilson/

Wilson B. Goode was Steve Lopez's pet name for the mayor of the
5th largest city in the US.

Z.