Adam Turoff on Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:31:11 -0500

A Camelhair Christmas

A couple of weeks ago, I brought up the idea of convening a gathering
of Perlfolk in Philadelphia sometime this winter.  Looking into
hotel rooms downtown, the rates aren't *that* bad (pre-hotel tax,
that is).  It's possible to find reasonable rooms (i.e., not the
Holiday Inn) for under $100, even around $80 (before group-discount
rates).  This makes it easy to consider coming in from out of town
and staying the weekend (assuming there is insufficient crash space
scattered around the city).

So, the next question is, when is a good time to invite out-of-town
mongers to Philly?  Is there anything special going on in December?
The weekends of the 15th and 22nd look promising:

	   December 2001
	 S  M Tu  W Th  F  S
			   1
	 2  3  4  5  6  7  8
	 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
	16 17 18 19 20 21 22
	23 24 25 26 27 28 29
	30 31

I think it should be sufficient to just get people downtown and see what
develops.  Brunch at the Plough and the Stars; bagels at 3rd St.; perhaps
a show at Fergie's or the Khyber pass (depending on what's interesting
that weekend).  And time to just hang out, drink coffee/beer/tea/whatever,
and generally discuss things interesting to Perl Mongers.

Who's up for it?

Z.