Kyle R . Burton on Fri, 8 Feb 2002 18:04:32 -0500

OT: Perl Programmer Job Opening

We're located in Conshohocken, which is about 30min west of Philladelphia.

The job description we posted in the newspaper read:

"Programmer needed for data manipulation projects.  Primary skill is the
 ability to quickly develop ad-hoc Perl scripts and SQL queries to achieve
 targeted goals.  Experience should include working with data in a broad
 range of formats and databases on Linux/Unix.  Experience parsing text
 documents, writing data recognition code, or with statistics a big advantage."

Tasks performed will include:

- cleaning/scrubbing of data files using existing libraries and
  possibly developing new library code
- application of probabalistic record linking techniques using existing
  libraries and possibly developing new library code

We typicly use MySQL [Linux], Oracle [Linux/NT], some SQL Server and
some MS Access.  Most of our developers split their time 80/20 between
Linux and Windows.  Much of the work has been and will be using Perl (we
like OO and you should too).

We're looking to fill this as a full time permanent position.

Interested parties can either email me directly, or contact David Brosso
at 610.940.4002.  If you call, mention that you're responding to the email
sent to the Philadelphia Perl Mongers.

Thanks,
Kyle R. Burton