mjd-perl-pm on Wed, 15 May 2002 10:02:02 -0400

Re: Error message

Says Abigail:
> I suggest you contact the author of the program. This list isn't
> intended to debug random programs grabbed from the net which just
> happen to be written in Perl.

I don't see why not.  This is a user group mailing list and one of the
functions of a user group is peer support.

I have no objection to such traffic, and it hasn't become a problem in
the past.

Andre, with the information you've given about the program, it is
difficult to say what you might have done wrong.   Here's what I
suggest:  Take another try at modifying the program to do what you
want.  If it still misbehaves, put the source code on your web site as
a text file, and send a message to the list that describes the problem
and gives the URL for the version of the code that does not work
correctly.  Then if someone wants to look at it and offer advice, they
can do that.