Walt Mankowski on Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:31:34 -0500

fwd: YAPC::EU'03 will be in Paris, yay!

----- Forwarded message from Isabelle Hernandez <isa@panix.com> -----

Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:38:44 -0500 (EST)
From: Isabelle Hernandez <isa@panix.com>
To: dha@panix.com, <steve@justsomeguy.com>, <schuyler@oreilly.com>,
	<hdp@pobox.com>, <waltman@pobox.com>, <davidhand@davidhand.com>
Subject: YAPC::EU'03 will be in Paris, yay!

Yoohoo my friends, we (the Frenchies) made it!!
As of today, this is official: YAPC::EU 2003 will take place in sweet Paris!

And the conf' will most likely take place in a fabulous and very central
building, found by yours truly, which is: the CNAM (Conservatoire National des
Arts et Métiers = National Conservatory of Arts and Trades).

This venue is very central, 3rd quarter ('arrondissement') on Paris right bank.
And very classy and chic:
http://www.arts-et-metiers.net/images/image_g/376.jpg (chapel inside the CNAM museum)
http://www.arts-et-metiers.net/images/image_g/16.jpg (chapel, again.. oh oh do
i see a familiar statue?)
http://www.arts-et-metiers.net/images/image_g/14.jpg (CNAM museum entrance,
just behind the amphitheaters where YAPC::Paris will most likely take place)

We actually want to add in the Yapc::Paris logo on the future web site
something like: 'Geeking with style' ;-)

And, as a bonus if you make it through the pond to Yapc Paris, any of my
American or Canadian monger friends will be greeted the French way, that is
with two kisses on the cheeks! (Well, I hope this is an incentive and not the
opposite ;)

(the officious dates are 23-35 Jul so far, but that might still change).

Please pass the good news to your fellow mongers, merci beaucoup (but remember,
only the fact that YAPC::Eu will be in Paris is official - we're still securing
the venue and the dates this month).

I hope I'll see you all there! :)
xoxo
-isa