Walt Mankowski on Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:59:30 -0500

[uri@stemsystems.com: [pm_groups] Damian Conway Perl classes in Boston]

In case anyone's interested in heading up to Boston to take a class
with Damian...

----- Forwarded message from Uri Guttman <uri@stemsystems.com> -----

To: pm_groups@pm.org
From: Uri Guttman <uri@stemsystems.com>
Subject: [pm_groups] Damian Conway Perl classes in Boston
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 18:26:22 -0500

hi pm group leaders,

if you are in a pm group that is in the eastern US or canada, please
forward this to your local list. we have had students from as far away
as the carolinas (as well as closer states and provinces) attend so
don't think you are too far away.

thanx,

uri

For the past two summers, we have had the privilege of offering in
Boston, Perl classes taught by Damian Conway. The classes have been a
major success and we are happy that Damian is coming back to teach three
classes over four days in January, 2003.

We are bringing back the two day Advanced Object Oriented Perl class
that was so popular in July, 2001. This class is for anyone who wants to
take their OO Perl skills to the next level. Data Munging is being
offered here for the first time and it will cover highly practical ways
to process data in Perl. Parsing for Bioinformatics is very similar to
the popular Parsing with Perl class that Damian taught last summer but
all the examples presented in this course use the language, data sets,
and real-world problems of bioinformatics.  However, none of the
examples delves into arcane biotechologies, so Perl students with any
background or interests can attend and improve their skills.

The classes will be held from January 21-24 (Tue-Fri), 2003 at the
Amethyst Center in Davis Sq., Somerville, MA.

All the information about the classes and how to register can be found
at:

	http://stemsystems.com/class/

and it is mirrored at:

	http://kuiki.net/class/

So start off the New Year with the best Perl teacher anywhere around the
world (and Damian has been around it a few times!).  And a new training
budget comes with the New Year, so get your request in now before it
gets spent elsewhere.

We are again offering a 50% discount to the underemployed and students.

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri@stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com
----- Stem and Perl Development, Systems Architecture, Design and Coding ----

----- End forwarded message -----