Walt Mankowski on Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:36:21 -0500

Fwd: YAPC::Canada - May 15 and 16, 2003 in Ottawa - http://www.yapc.ca/

More information on YAPC::Canada...

----- Forwarded message from "Daniel R. Allen" <daniel@coder.com> -----

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:43:54 -0500 (EST)
From: "Daniel R. Allen" <daniel@coder.com>
To: Walt Mankowski <waltman@pobox.com>
Subject: YAPC::Canada - May 15 and 16, 2003 in Ottawa - http://www.yapc.ca/

Hello,

We'd like to announce the call for proposals for YAPC::Canada, scheduled
for mid-May 2003 in Ottawa.  I'm writing to you particularly because your
.pm group is within a day's drive of Ottawa; one of the main reasons we're
holding YAPC::Canada is to support the perl folk who can't afford to fly
to Florida this July.

It being January in the *cold* northeast, please put out of your mind any
thoughts of snow when you're there.  Typical temperatures are more or less
the same as Boston in mid-May; perhaps even warmer.  Think spring, think
tulips...

The conference will be ~75 people; there will be wireless network; we are
still seeking a Keynote speaker (any volunteers or leads, please email
help@yapc.ca)

Forthwith is the official announcement:

---

YAPC::Canada (Yet Another Perl Conference) is a low-cost  1 1/2 day
conference with its roots in the Perl Mongers groups. YAPC::Canada
features two speaker streams and an optional day of pre-conference
training.

The Ottawa Tulip Festival ( http://tulipfestival.ca/ ) will be in full
swing at this time. Great for spouses while you're at YAPC::Canada!

Accomodations will are available at Carleton University residences.

Pre-register at http://www.yapc.ca/ with no obligation and tell us:
     - courses that interest you
     - you would like to sponsor us
     - you would like to present
     - any special needs
     - your ideas

Location: Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario

Cost: CAD 75.00 (roughly USD 48.75)
     Dinner on Thursday and Friday, and lunch on Friday included.

Keynote: TBA

Times: Thursday May 15, 2003 - 1:00pm to 5:30pm
        Friday May 16, 2003 - 9:00am to 5:30pm

Training: Wednesday May 14, 2003 - all day
           Training is optional and is an extra fee

If you encounter any problems with the site or would like to contact us
directly then please write to help@yapc.ca .